The All American Cowgirl Chicks® tryouts are held every spring and fall. The first practice covers the rules and regulations and some riding.
SCHEDULE AND TRAINING:
This organization, our rodeos, events, practice and meetings must be a priority for you. If we cannot depend on you, we cannot use you.
We have practice every Monday at 6 p.m. In some cases to prepare for a big show, we might practice up to twice a week to get ready for the rodeo. Most of our rodeos are three-day events that usually begin on Thursday. Some of our rodeos require traveling out of town. Our Fort Worth Stock Show Championship Cowtown Rodeo performances are usually twice a month. Fort Worth has been good to us, and we are proud to be called their cowgirls.
As a rookie, you will not see a great deal of riding time your first 3-6 months. However, you will be included in all functions. You are to provide a supporting role for the performances and represent the Cowgirls in publicity roles such as autograph signings and public appearances.
- You must be at least 16 years of age *If you are under the age of 16 and would like to start training at the Cowgirl Chick Ranch to be a Cowgirl Chick, we offer lessons at $30 for a 1 hour lesson for 13 years and up. We do not overlook the potential of a rider. If we feel that you have the advanced skills that would fit the team’s level of performance, we may invite you to join the team. I expect that all team riders be at an Olympic-level performance.
- Must have a willing attitude and commitment to the team.
- Must live within a reasonable distance from the Fort Worth, Texas area
- There are no height or weight requirements but due to the demanding practice and rodeo schedule, we ask that our members be physically fit, which is a top priority of our team
- You must be a team player.
- You must be an excellent rider. You must be able to think and ride and be quick on your skills and in control of your horse at all times.
- You will supply your own horse that fits the team’s needs.* We try to have backup horses available for horses that are on the injured list.
We supply most of the performance uniforms except for jeans, boots, spurs, white hats with stampede string, sport boots, breast collar, red white blue blanket, reins, etc.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in trying out to become a Cowgirl Chick, please contact us.